Chad is sick – he asked Ally and I to go to the store on our way to drop her off for their weekend and get him some drugs and juices and such.
On our way out of the store I said “Alright, let’s get this medicine to daddy!”
Ally replied “And me! I’m the best medicine there is….and I don’t even come in a box.”
She’s so sweet, she had the choice not to go over but she chose to go over and take care of daddy for the weekend. How cute is that?
Seems to me that the more you have to write about, the less time you have to write about it.
TONS has happened in the past few months, so I’ll just give you the highlights in no specific order and then we can all move on:
- Bought a car – a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
- Got DVR and have now become addicted to it – who knew there was so much on at 2am that you just HAVE to record? Not that recording is the problem, it’s watching all the stuff you’ve recorded
- Moved our office to a brand-new, gorgeous, HUGE and very expensive new office – in which I now have my own office! With a desk and everything. :)
- Almost fired Launna about 10 times but got voted down by the boss, but she saw the light when….
- Launna walked out and never came back. We couldn’t be happier – although the craziness afterwards almost wasn’t worth it
- Ally played her first sport – basketball – and did really well Go Vista Vipers!
- I bought myself a tripod and started taking night shots. You can see some of them here
- Found two new tv series’ that I can’t live without: DayBreak (with omg-so-hot-Taye Diggs) and Heroes (Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!)
- Continued shopping for a house to buy – haven’t found anything yet (it sucks being poor)
- Got some teeth worked on and put myself even further in debt to do it and we’re not even close to being done
- Four of my sister’s kids: Nathan, Zack , Gabe, and Katie had birthdays turning, respectively, 13, 8, 4 and 2 (surprised I rememberred the ages? Yeah, me too) Katie was adorable of course, “reading” to us each of her b-day cards out loud
- My weirdo grandmother asked favors of me (ie taking to airport at 10 a.m. on a weekday, picking up at airport at 9 p.m. (also on a weekday), caring for her plants during the week, caring for her signifcant other, taking to the doctor, etc) and, in the process, offended my mother who would have had a much easier time doing the favors anyway. Not that I said no, that’s against my nature of being WAY too nice when I can’t afford to
- Got my phone turned off b/c I couldn’t afford it….got it turned back on….off again….now on again….next time I’m just giving up, jeez
- My sister got two jobs (her first job in 15 years) and I am so proud of her, she’s working her ass off.
- Both the grandmas have been taking over the home schooling for Cami and the kids now that she’s back at work- I was supposed to be a tutor/back-up teacher, but I just can’t find the time or energy right now
- I’ve smoked more and drank more in the past few months that in a very long time
- no dates, men or romance in my life – not that that’s new
- Found the first band/group in history who actually makes me cringe when I hear them. I love all kinds of music and all artists, and usually I can find something good about all music but “Il Divo” drives me INSANE!!!! They were on Oprah recently and I literally wanted to jump through the screen to kill them all. EWW
I did want to let you know that I DID update about a month ago, but when I went to save the entry (which was GREAT by the way) the internet died and so did my entry. So even though no one got to read it, believe me when I say you would have loved it! :) The only part I managed to save was: “Spent the better part of my day calling places where I have to enter more numbers than it would take to launch a missile, then waited on hold long enough for my ear to go numb waiting to talk to a human, then my phone went dead and I had to start over after I found the charger.”
Now for the other stuff going on:
- Ally turns 11 on Thursday, we’re doing a bowling party on Saturday. We’re all SO excited. :)
- I may or may not receive a Christmas bonus due to the new office and the new expense
- I am currently maxing out my credit cards (see two entries above)
- I can’t seem to get into the Christmas spirit – I can’t decide if its because of the stress of paying for Christmas, or just because I’m so old now that I’m not going to get excited anymore. I hope its the former and not the latter, I really do love Christmas!
- Mom is back working for us at the office, which is good but I worry she’s wearing herself out
- Found my new favorite Christmas album – Sarah McLachlan’s “Wintersong” – go find it, you won’t regret it
- I really need to learn how to double space on this thing, these bullets are a little hard to read – sorry about that.
I think that’s it for updates. I’m all updated out. I promise it won’t be 4 months before I write again.
Merry Christmas everyone